Candidates for federal, state and local offices will gather in Georgetown on September 24 to present their platforms to area residents.
The Georgetown County Chamber of Commerce, in conjunction with the Coastal Carolina Association of Realtors, will host the biennial Boil & Stump political rally on Sept. 24, 2014 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at the Kaminski House Museum Lawn in Georgetown.
Candidates for federal, state and local offices have been invited to participate. Confirmed participants to date are as follows:
- Sen. Vincent Sheheen, Candidate for Governor
- Steve French, Candidate for Governor
- U.S. Rep. Tom Rice, Candidate for Congress, District 7
- Dr. Gloria Bromell-Tinubu, Candidate for Congress, District 7
- S.C. Rep. Bakari Sellers, Candidate for Lt. Governor (tentative)
- Ginny Derrin, Candidate for Secretary of State
- Dr. Tom Thompson, Candidate for State Superintendent of Education
- Molly Mitchell Spearman, Candidate for State Superintendent of Education
- Ed Murray, Candidate for State Superintendent of Education
- Hugh Weathers, Candidate for Commissioner of Agriculture
- S.C. Rep. Stephen Goldfinch, Candidate for S.C. House District 108
- Vida Miller, Candidate for S.C. House District 108
- Victor Kocher, Candidate for U.S. Senate
- Jill Bossi, Candidate for U.S. Senate
- Jim Dumm, Candidate for Georgetown County School Board, At-Large
- Pat DeLeone, Candidate for Georgetown County School Board, District 2
The event is open to the public at no charge. Lowcountry Boil dinners provided by Aunny’s in Georgetown are available for purchase in advance from the Georgetown County Chamber of Commerce for $8 per plate; food tickets may be purchased at www.VisitGeorge.com or by calling the Chamber at 843.546.8436. Dinners may also be purchased on site the night of the event for $10 per plate.
The Kaminski House is located at 1003 Front St. in Georgetown. In case of severe weather, the event will be moved to Beck Recreation Center, 2030 Church St. in Georgetown
For additional information, please contact the Georgetown County Chamber of Commerce at 843.546.8436.