The S.C. Bar Young Lawyers Division has teamed up with The Cooperative Ministry to collect backpacks and other school supplies for donation to schools and students throughout the Charleston area.
Supplies are being collected through Thursday, August 16, for donation to local schools in need.
Examples of items needed include new backpacks, spiral bound notebooks, loose leaf paper, composition notebooks, binders, pocket folders, scissors, rulers, compasses, protractors, dividers, mechanical pencils, #2 pencils, highlighters, dry erase markers, crayons, 3x5 index cards, Post-It notes, book covers, dictionaries and large boxes of Kleenex. Supplies can be dropped off at the following Charleston area locations:
- Clawson & Staubes—126 Seven Farms Dr., Daniel Island
- The Peper Law Firm—1637 Savannah Hwy., Ste. 202, Charleston
- Rosen Rosen & Hagood—151 Meeting St., Ste. 400, Charleston
- Steinberg Law Firm—118 S. Goose Creek Blvd., Goose Creek
- Trask & Howell—763 Johnnie Dodds Blvd, Ste. 2, Mt. Pleasant
- Turner Padget—40 Calhoun St., Ste. 200, Charleston
- Yarbrough Applegate—210 Wingo Way, Ste. 301, Mt. Pleasant
- Young Clement Rivers—25 Calhoun St., Ste. 400, Charleston
For more information, contact Paul Hoefer at (803) 799-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The YLD includes all members of the S.C. Bar under age 36 and those with less than five years membership.
The South Carolina Bar, which has a membership of more than 14,000 lawyers, is dedicated to advancing justice, professionalism and understanding of the law.