Image by From the event flyer
Mount Pleasant's own Westbrook Brewing is teaming up with fellow Belgohphiles from Portland, Maine's Allagash Brewing for a six-course beer dinner at The Boathouse on Breach Inlet.
Both the menu and the beers offered span a wide range of ingredients and styles, with the food especially veering well off The Boathouse's beathen path of seafood. Check it out for yourself, via the restaurant's website:
- I - Local Bibb Lettuce Salad with Goat Cheese, Pinenuts, Prosciutto, and Orange vs. Westbrook White Thai (5% ABV, B+, XX)
- II - Steamed Local Clams with Sausage and a Ginger Broth vs. Westbrook IPA (6.8% ABV, A-, 93)
- III - Smoked Local Beef with Sauteed Arugula, Vidalia Onion Pie, and Bordelaise Sauce vs. Westbrook Saison-Ale (6.2% ABV, B+, XX)
- IV - Butter-poached Local Fish with Black Rice, Asparagus, and Vanilla-Saffron Syrup vs. Allagash Tripel (9% ABV, A-, 99)
- V - Crispy Bacon-wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Fig Risotto, Roasted Fall Vegetables and Pork Jus vs. Allagash FOUR (10% ABV, A-, 99)
- VI - Assorted Cheese and Charcuterie vs. Allagash Interlude (9.5% ABV, A-, 99)
The dinner will be held on Monday, December 5th at 6:30 p.m., and it will run you $45 a head plus tax & tip. The Boathouse on Breach Inlet is located at 101 Palm Boulevard on the Isle of Palms. Call them at (843) 886-8000 for reservations.