Image by Poogan's Porch
On June 14, Poogan’s Porch Executive Chef Daniel Doyle prepared a six-course “Lowcountry Elegance” menu at the prestigious James Beard House in New York City.
Beginning on July 23rd, guests of the restaurant can sample dishes featured from Poogan’s James Beard dinner in a special a la carte menu style.
- South Carolina Pickled Shrimp with Pimento Cheese Ravioli & Ham Hock–Green Tomato Jus
- Heirloom Tomato Grilled Peach Salad with Arugula, Pickled Shallots, South Carolina Honey–Bourbon Vinaigrette & Crispy Country Ham -
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Bacon Emulsion, Compressed Watermelon, Toasted Benne Seeds & Herb–Cucumber Salad
- Crispy Seared Snapper with Pulled Suckling Pig, Anson Mills Grits Cake, Watermelon Radishes & North Carolina Barbecue Gastrique
- Refined ‘Cue: Pork Belly Three Ways
- Banana Pudding Panna Cotta with Banana Bread Dust, White Chocolate Foam & Pecan Tuile
These a la carte items will be available July 23rd through August 5th, in addition to Poogan’s regular menu. To make a reservation, call (843) 577-2337 or visit Poogan’s OpenTable page.