Free, free, free events--for all you broke peeps out there
Image by Flickr user khawkins04
This week is filled to the brim with activities and events--as is every other week in Charleston.
Check out the following FREE events:
- Tuesday, July 19th: Head over to my new favorite bar, The Tattooed Moose (1137 Morrison Dr.), to see Megan Jean and the KFB perform.
- Wednesday, July 20th: Want to be a musical legend? Or, at the very least, possibly make it on TV? If so, you'll be stoked to know that American Idol is back in the Lowcountry looking for the next big musical deal.
- Thursday, July 21st: To recite poetry or not to recite poetry... That is the question at the Third Thursday Poetry Slam. Jump on-stage and take advantage of the open mic or just sit back and enjoy the performances.
- Friday, July 22nd: Indiana Jones made a mark throughout my childhood--and countless others'. If you share my love for Indy, be sure to head over to Movies at the Mt. Pleasant Pier to see a screening of Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. Harrison Ford and Sean Connery? Awesome.
- Saturday, July 23rd: Saturday's sure to be a fun one, as Bizarro Burlesque presents Summer of Love Burlesque Freakout at The Mill. Swing on by to enjoy raffles, prizes, games, and performances by dancers from across the country. For extra brownie points, bring school supplies donations for Mary Ford Elementary.
- Sunday, July 24th: You know how much we love pet adoption. This Sunday, Pet Helpers will sponsor Kitten Fever at Mt. Pleasant Towne Center.
And that doesn't even begin to cover all the awesome (and free) events going on this week! Be sure to head over to Charleston City Paper for the full scoop.