Image by Flickr user Carly & Art
Wash away your case of the Mondays on September 20th with Laura Albert's, as they host a beer dinner featuring hard-to-find brews from Oskar Blues Brewery (Lyons, CO) and Terrapin Brewing (Athens, GA).
Here's the menu, which aims to simultaneously tickle your beer-geek & foodie fancies:
- Reception: Terrapin Rye Pale Ale (5.3% ABV, B+, 92)
- I: Shrimp & scallop ceviche garnished with house-made crispy tortillas vs. Terrapin Monk's Revenge Belgian Double IPA (9.6% ABV, B+, 92)
- II: Poached pear salad with mesculin tossed in honey white balsamic vinaigrette, topped with bleu cheese fritters & candied pecans vs. Terrapin Geogia Theater Session: Double Feature Dubbel (7.7% ABV, B+, 68)
- III: Beer-braised brats over garlic mashed potatoes & braised cabbage vs. Oskar Blues Old Double Bagger (ODB) Barleywine (13.2% ABV, B+, 93)
- IV: Chocolate macadamia cheesecake vs. Oskar Blues Stranahan Coloardo Whisey Barrel-Aged Ten Fidy Imperial Stout (9.4% ABV, A, 100)
The dinner costs the usual $45 + tax & tip, with the reception starting at 6:30 p.m., dinner cranking up at 7 p.m. and the whole thing wrapping up by 9:30 p.m. A limited number of counter-pressure filled and wax-dipped bombers of ODB and BA Ten Fidy will be available for purchase as well (these things are too scarce for a growler fill).
Laura Albert's is located at 891 Island Park Drive on Daniel Island. Call (843) 881-4711 for reservations, and follow them @LauraAlberts on Twitter for updates. And if you have a spare moment, check out the video menu.