Image by Flickr user Allerina & Glen MacLarty
Celebrate all that makes the Holy City one of the most sought-after wedding destinations in the nation all week long during Charleston Wedding Week.
The first annual series of events will showcase all components of the region’s upper-tier wedding industry as participants showcase extraordinary talent and fare to brides-to-be and wedding aficionados alike, who will experience product and services first-hand – at an array of aisle-worthy locales. Attendees will partake in confectionery delights and libations while enjoying some of the most breathtaking bridal venues and designs in the country. Charleston’s brightest confectioners, cake makers, and florists will be highlighted throughout this unique celebration of wedding style.
- Thursday, April 14th Opening Night’s Cakes + Bouquets event will be held at Boone Hall Plantation’s back lawn in a setting designed by Lisa Thomas of Ooh! Events. Guests will sip champagne cocktails garnished with strawberries grown on the Boone Hall Farm while sampling cakes by local confectioners. Regional photography talent will be on-hand to snap photos of brides as they ‘try on’ bouquet ideas developed by a bevy of locally renowned floral and the jewelry design of Dee Ruel from 6 to 8 p.m. Come and enjoy goods and services from local florists Tiger Lily, Wildflowers, Country and Lace, and Boone Hall Plantation’s own floral designer; cakes and confections from DeClares, Cakes by Kasarda, Tides Folly Beach, and more!
- Friday, April 15th Ladies’ Luncheon will feature a Q & A session with Terri Espy, proprietress of the Gown Boutique of Charleston, during an informal showing of Junko Couture designer gowns. Celebrity ring designer Cynthia Wolff, who has designed bands for the likes of Pierce Brosnan and Britney Spears, will share personal insight into what to look for in the investment that will last a lifetime. The Palmer Home, overlooking the Charleston Harbor, will host this intimate setting from 12 to 2 p.m.
- Friday, April 15th Celebrate Artful Wedding Photography with a truffle and champagne gallery reception at the Charleston Center for Photography with artful reception floral designs by local floralist Sara York Grimshaw from 6 to 8 p.m. The exhibit, featuring ten of the region’s brightest industry talents, will display through May 20th.
- Saturday, April 16th Guests will enjoy an inspirational indoor-outdoor atmosphere created by the event design team of Southern Protocol in collaboration with floralist Anne Bowen of Charleston Stems at the newly renovated rooftop space Upstairs at Midtown from 6 to 8 p.m. The evening under the stars includes sampling of the restaurant’s menu and signature cocktail offerings with an acoustic guitar serenade.
- Sunday, April 17th Wedding Week’s gala finale tasting and gown showing will be held at the historic Governor Thomas Bennett House from 4 to 7 p.m. with the legendary gardens and seasonal floral designs in full bloom. Designers showing their gowns on the aisle designed by Sha Sha Harnick include mother-of-the-bride favorite Marisa Baratelli, luxury and organic-savvy Adele Wechsler, local creations from White Couture of Daniel Island, and the Charleston Wedding Dress by Alena Fede with the musical accompaniment of Charleston Virtuosi. Sparkling libations compliments of Gloria Ferrer Vineyards will flow alongside local catering fare, and a featured wedding cake creation by Elaine’s Events will be sampled. Attendees will receive a resource-filled program and gift bag brimming with delights from near and far. A portion of event ticketing sales will be donated to the local charity partner Lowcountry Food Bank.
For events and ticketing information, visit the official Charleston Wedding Week page.