Image by Flickr user rsteup
It's shaping up to be a big weekend, Charleston. Are you ready?
The Charleston City Paper has a weekend round-up that is absolutely stuffed with exciting events happening around town this weekend. Highlights include the Blue Angels flying over Charleston as part of Navy Week (viewing spots and parking map), the closing of the Family Circle Cup, QueerFest and the 20th annual East Coast Canoe and Kayak Festival.
Of course there's more where that came from. Below, we've tapped out some more events we think you might enjoys.
- Join some fellow Hokies in the Charleston area in a 3.2 mile Run in Remembrance to honor the 32 students and teachers that were lost in the Virginia Teach tragedy.
- Charleston's oldest dive bar, Big Johns Tavern, is celebrating it's 55th birthday with free wings, $.55 drink specials, giveaways and live music.
- Celebrate the next wave of social media during Foursquare Day at the Charleston Digital Corridor's Flagship space.
- The Lowcountry Cycling Team will be hosting an exciting weekend of amateur and professional bike racing during the Pivotal Fitness Race Weekend.
- The third annual Create South in Myrtle Beach goes down today and may well be worth the trip if you have any interest in, as the organizers say, "blogging, podcasting, video, social networking or any other form of self-expression."
- Catch The Footlight Players production of the "ultimate identity comedy" Eat the Runt which follows Merritt on a series of interviews to be a new grants manager and at an art museum. Reviews have been great.
- The Lowcountry HighRollers are holding their first inter-squad derby bout today at The Citadel's McAlister Field House.
- Take the family out to the return of the annual Lowcountry Strawberry Festival at Boone Hall Plantation.
Be sure to take a look at our Event Calendar for a complete list of events happening this weekend, or any time for that matter.