Flickr user watchcaddy
If your Christmas holiday was a great time, then keep up the good spirits by properly disposing of your tree by mulching it — if, however, your Christmas was a disaster, take solace in knowing that the icon of those bad memories will be torn asunder.
Yes, it's time for the annual Grinding of the Greens as trees are made into reusable mulch (and spared from filling up our landfills.) The centers below are open starting today:
- On Lady's Island next to the Huddle House on Sea Island Parkway
- Pleasant Point Road on Lady's Island at the Family Tree Christmas Tree Farm
- Beaufort Plaza at the Plaza Theaters
- The Naval Heritage Park off Ribaut Road in Port Royal
- On Ulmer Road near the county tennis courts in Bluffton
- The Coligny Beach parking lot on Hilton Head Island
- The former site of the Gullah Flea Market on US 278 on Hilton Head Island
Mulching will take place Saturday, January 7 between 8 and 11 a.m. Mulch will be given away free of charge to anyone who brings a container to haul it away.
For additional information call Veronica Miller, Keep Beaufort County Beautiful coordinator at 255-2741 or email her email@example.com.
Have a fake tree? Well then just box it up for next year.